Session 2 – Junior Programs
Session 2 – Junior Programs
December 4, 2022 – March 11, 2023
13 week session (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday sessions are 12 weeks)
No class on December 23 – January 1
Current session dates/pricing information available in the PDF link above.
Call 920.739.0221 for additional information.
Pee Wee Tennis: Ages 3 & 4: 36” court: Players work on body management, movement, eye/hand coordination, The focus is fun as they begin to learn basic tennis skills.
Red Ball: Ages 8 & U: 36’ court: Players develop basic movement skills, balance, and hand-eye coordination. They learn the forehand, backhand, volley, and drop hit serve.
Orange Ball: Ages 8 & 9: 60’ court: Players develop stroke skills, consistency in rallies, directional control and spin. They play points and games.
Green Ball: Ages 9-10: 78’ court: Players strengthen stroke skills, work on directional control and shot selection. They can sustain a rally, serve, return and play points.
Middle School 1 (ages 11-13) Players will develop coordination, balance, agility, stroke skills, court positioning, scoring and rules of play.
Middle School 2 (ages 11-13) Players placed by pro. Players have tennis experience and M.S. 1 skills and will add directional control, spin and pace. They learn tactics and strategy and how to play a point when they compete.
Junior Varsity (ages 14-18) Players will continue development with the emphasis on preparation for a high school team. Strokes technique will be improved. They will learn percentage tennis, shot selection, strategies and tactics for singles and doubles, and mental toughness skills.
Varsity (ages 14-18) Participants are current varsity players. They will improve performance by fine tuning their skills. They can use pace and depth. They develop a consistency of performance. They train physically and mentally. They learn to understand tactical situations, shot selection, and constructing a point. They compete in local tournaments and/or USTA Team Tennis.
High Performance (18 & under) Players selected for this group are involved in USTA competition and have rankings at the district, sectional or national level. These players are preparing for tournaments by developing all aspects of their game: stroke skills, quickness, stamina, strength and speed, tactics and strategy, and mental toughness. Practices feature appropriate playing progressions and proper technique, tactical and tournament guidance, as well as match play and fitness sessions to help players achieve their personal performance and outcome goals.
*Please note that there may be age exceptions due to a player’s aptitude and ability.
The pros will place them accordingly.
GROUP LESSON POLICIES
- A mask is required when entering and exiting the club.
- Players must register for the entire session.
- Late sign-ups will be prorated, assuming room is available to join.
- Exceptions will be made to accommodate high school tennis seasons.
- Refunds/credits will not be given for missed lessons.
- No make-ups are allowed for missed lessons at this time due to Covid-19.
- “IM” stands for Instructional Member or Non-Member. Often it is less expensive to take out a membership than to pay the additional cost.
- Please ask at the front desk for more details.
- Final level assignments are at the discretion of the teaching staff.
- Each class must have four students to take place at the listed price.
- Please do not come to lessons if you are exhibiting any symptoms of illness.
- Our lounge/viewing area is closed due to Covid-19. Parents please drop off children and then wait in your car or run an errand.
- Please bring your own water as it will not be provided on the court.